In the event that any of the church’s properties or facilities are used for a funeral, the following policies are to be followed:
- The deceased must have been a member, a former member, the family of a member, or a friend of the church for the facilities to be used for a funeral service. Special exceptions may be made at the discretion of the pastor.
- There shall be only God-honoring music at all funeral proceedings. The music used during the service must be distinctly gospel in its message.
- All conduct on the church property must be reverent and God-honoring.
- All musical guests and preaching guests have to be approved by the pastor.
In the event that any of the church’s properties or facilities are used for a wedding, the following policies are to be followed:
- All wedding ceremonies shall be preceded by three one-hour premarital counseling sessions by the pastor and/or another counselor that meets his approval. No wedding can be conducted until the pastor, or counselor he appoints, has performed such counseling and deemed the couple is worthy of a Christian wedding ceremony. During the counseling sessions, the pastor is to examine the couple to be certain that no unequal yoke exists, that no prior marriage relationships exist that are an endangerment to the couple’s marital health and advise the bride and groom of the biblical components of successful marriage.
- The wedding rehearsal shall be under the direction of the pastor with regard to the necessary parts of the ceremony. The style and order of the actual ceremony are subject to the preferences of the bride and groom, but the important components of the ceremony are to be mandated by the pastor.
- Wedding ceremonies and rehearsal dinners must be cleared by the pastor and approved before they are placed on the church calendar.
- The bride and groom must have been a member, a former member, the family of a member, or a friend of the church for the facilities to be used for wedding ceremonies. This is subject to the approval of the pastor.
- A $350.00 fee may be charged by the church at the discretion of the pastor to recover the expenses of operating the church’s facilities for weddings.
- The cleaning of the facilities after the wedding is the responsibility of the families of the bride and groom. All furniture that has been moved has to be replaced and products consumed must be restocked.
- There shall be only God-honoring music at all weddings. The music used during the ceremony must be distinctly gospel in its message.
- No dancing, or consumption of alcoholic beverages are allowed during, or after rehearsal dinners, wedding ceremonies and/or receptions.